Opportunity for students to volunteer at the 17th World Conference on Tobacco or Health
Organisers of the 17th WCTOH need volunteers to help with the running of the conference in Cape Town, South Africa, 7 – 9 March 2018.
Volunteers will be involved in a range of tasks across all areas of the conference – from assisting delegates during the registration process, to helping presenters during question and answer sessions, to helping run operations in the media centre.
During free time, volunteers are welcome to attend conference sessions and activities. Volunteers will receive two t-shirts, incidentals up to R50 per day, one lunch box per day and a certificate of attendance.
Volunteers must be:
- Fluent in English. Additional language skills desirable.
- Over 18 years old.
- Available to commit to at least two full shifts
- Available for compulsory training and orientation 5 March 2018.
- Not affiliated to the tobacco industry currently, or during the past five years. For more information on eligibility click here.
- Opportunity to build CV
- Insight into running an international event
- Hear from world leading public health experts
Applications close 25 February. Find out more here.